Last week we had a wonderful two day workshop with Richard Williams who came to us from Edmonton. We have lots to work on.
June 9th, 2019
Ten of us showed up for the annual Community Cleanup yesterday. We started at 9:00 and finished at 10:30. Here's some of our members who posed for a quick photo after finishing their section.
March 7th, 2018
Since December we have been able to donate $1270 to the CBS Paradise Food Bank. A special thanks to Harold and Bonnie who organized the initiatives.
December 14th, 2018
We held our AGM and Christmas lunch today. Our thanks to all our members whose cheerful spirit of volunteerism and cooperation has enabled us to fulfill our mission statement of making Tai Chi accessible and affordable to members of our communities.
July 28, 2018
Our thanks to members who came out today to help with our presentation at Chamberlains Park Seniors Day. Here's a picture of us lining up to do our demonstration.
Don't forget our big workshop this month (June 25th and 26th) -with Richard Williams from Alberta. We'll be having pot luck lunches.
As is our custom, in July and August we will meet Monday and Friday mornings (9:30 a.m.) at Topsail Beach. If/when the weather is bad, classes will take place at Topsail United Church.
The latest batch of our t-shirts are now available.
A big thanks to all who participated in the community cleanup on June 2nd. See the photo gallery for pictures.
We are pleased to announce that we will be holding a two day IATLA intensive workshop with Richard Williams from Alberta as lead instructor on June 256h and 26th.
We had an important visitor this month. Check out our photo gallery to see who.
Post Christmas can be a difficult time for people with low incomes. We are pleased that we could help out with a $1560 donation to our local food bank. (See photo in our photo gallery.)
We welcome our new class of Beginners who began their Tai Chi journey with us on January 15th.
Because we are continuing to grow we have added an additional class on Thursday mornings (9:30) at All Saints Parish Hall. Our new Beginners are invited to every second Thursday class, starting on the 25th of January, where we will only focus on the moves that they have completed. All members are welcome.
Our annual General and Christmas potluck will take place on December 11th at Topsail United Church.
Summer is over and we will soon be leaving Topsail Beach to resume regular classes and instruction at Topsail Church and All Saint Parish Church Hall. Our new Beginners' class will be starting on the 18th of September.
For those of you who would like to review the workshop that Ben Chung and Richard Williams gave last June, here is the link to the videos.
July 1st, 2017
1.We've just celebrated our second annual workshop on June 27th and June 28th with IATLA instructors Ben Chung and Richard Williams. It was a wonderful balance of the Yin and Yang.
We've all come away motivated to dig deeper and improve our understanding of Tai Chi.
2. Tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, we will be doing Tai Chi at Topsail Beach. Should it rain or should the grass be wet, we will hold class at Topsail United Church. This will be our routine throughout the summer for Mondays and Fridays. There will be no class on Wednesdays.
During summer, if we are at the beach there is no instruction, just lots of donyus, a couple of sets and some real communion with nature.
June 10th, 2017
Today we participated in the community clean-up. Check out our photo in the photo gallery.
We are all looking forward to our annual workshop with Ben Chung, director of the IATLA on June 27th and 28th at Topsail United Church. Cost is $50 for one day or $80 for two days with a 30% discount to all IATLA members.
This year we chose February to make our $850 contribution to the CBS Foodbank.
Jan 1, 2017
Happy New Year everybody!
Our new beginners' class will start next Monday, weather permitting at 9:30 a.m.
Nov. 22, 2016
- Our annual AGM and Christmas lunch will be on December 16th.
- New classes for beginners will be starting on January 9th. For details e-mail us at email@example.com
- We all congratulate with delight our instructor, Trish Suvak, who was named CNIB national volunteer of the year and inducted into the Newfoundland and Labrador Volunteer Hall of Fame. Bravo Trish!
- We welcome our new Beginners' Class.
- Our summer schedule is now in place. On Monday and Friday mornings we'll be at Topsail Beach. Should it rain or if the grass is wet we will retreat to Topsail United Church for the class.
April 25th, 2016
We are pleased to announce our First Workshop as members
Of the International Association of TaiChi and Lokhup Academies
Conducted by IATLA Director Ben Chung
When: June 20 and 21
Where: Topsail United Church in Conception Bay South,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Times: 9:00 to 4:00 (Lunch both days will be on site)
For those who would like to take this opportunity to both visit Newfoundland and enjoy our workshop please contact us through
February 1st, 2016
- Here's a photo marking our contribution of $846 to the CBS Food Bank.
- Our new Beginners' class started today. Welcome to all.
December 11th, 2015
- Our next Open House and Introductory Class will begin on January 11th at 9:30 a.m.
- Today we held our AGM followed by our Christmas lunch. Because we've been so good at doing our donyus Santa decided to pay us an early visit. (See photo gallery for pictures)
August 29th, 2015
- We will be resuming our Wednesday morning classes at All Saints Parish on Wednesday September 9th at 9:30 a.m.
July 22, 2015
- Our next Introductory Class will be starting on Monday, September 14th.
July 15th, 2015
- Our donyu challenge has started. 10 donyus a day for the next two months qualifies you for the prize. Remember to push from the ground!
December 11th, 2015
- Our next Open House and Introductory Class will begin on January 11th
- Today we held our AGM and then sat down for an enjoyable lunch. Santa paid us an unexpected visit because we've been such good boys and girls.
- Starting the 3rd of July we will be doing Tai Chi at Topsail Beach, weather permitting. In the event of bad weather we will meet at Topsail United Church on Monday and Friday mornings.
February 7th, 2015
- We are now meeting three times a week. Join us at 9:30 on Wednesdays at All Saints Church in Foxtrap for another Tai Chi class.
- On Friday, December 19th, we'll be holding our AGM. There will be an hour of class, the AGM and then an informal lunch.
- It's official. We are now incorporated as Tai Chi by the Sea NL.
- Our second order of T-shirts is now in and ready to be collected.
- On Monday we welcomed 10 new members. The beginning of our Introductory Course was an opportunity (or excuse) to bring in the cakes and cookies at tea break. We have some very talented bakers in our group!
- On Friday we performed a Tai Chi demo for the choral music camp at Topsail United Church. Afterwords, we were treated to a demonstration of their considerable music talent. A good time was had by all.
- Our t-shirts are now ready and should be available for Friday's class.
- Yesterday, we welcomed Janet Moulten from Nova Scotia, who gave us a presentation on the benefits of Tai Chi for people with arthritis. Janet practices and teaches the Sun form of Tai Chi, developed by Dr. Paul Lam. It was both refreshing and interesting to get a different perspective on the practice of Tai Chi.
- Our two month Fall Introductory session for newcomers will begin on September 15th at 9:30 a.m. at Topsail United Church.
- Weather permitting, we are now holding summer practices at Topsail Beach on Monday and Friday mornings at 9:30. There will be no instruction. Just come along and enjoy connecting with nature. Should it rain we will retreat to Topsail United Church.
- We are now taking orders for t-shirts. Cost is $25. The design will be up on the website soon.